Out There Monthly is looking for an experienced editor to work closely with our team to produce our region’s only outdoor recreation, travel, and outdoor lifestyle publication. We work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and the right person will be flexible and responsive to the needs of the magazine’s publishing schedule. This is a contract position.
- Working with the editor-in-chief to plan content that fits with our editorial calendar.
- Managing the content schedule for 10 issues per year.
- Working with our network of freelance contributors to field pitches.
- Assigning articles and ensuring timely submissions.
- Editing all articles using our OTM style guide.
- Working with writers on revisions.
- Reviewing content for accuracy and submitting clean, edited content for layout.
A relevant college degree and minimum of four years of professional editing experience is required, as is a passion for outdoor recreation and nature and a knowledge of the Inland Northwest landscapes and outdoor recreation opportunities.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, by attachment, to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Compensation is dependent on experience.